Sunday, August 3, 2008

The purgatory that is technology

I am just a little ticked right now. Technology is a lie. I want to see a study that shows how much time is wasted trying to get everything playing nicely to "make life easier". Bah.

Wife's computer got a nasty little virus today due to a missed Anti-virus update. Then Softie's handy Antivirus 2009 decided to install itself on her computer and completely take over the machine.

Time to upgrade her to my 2nd computer, but it's battery just decided to die and on top of that my external hard drive isn't cooperating for data transfer.

More I think about it, the robot take over has begun. They are communicating and conspiring and the whole thing is starting RIGHT NOW in my study.

Maybe I should just drop kick the whole mass of wires out my high rise window and create some nice modern art on the sidewalk.

I'll keep everyone updated.

PS: this was written on my mac - the only sane machine left in the place.

No comments: